10 Words We Learned from Fuck Yeah Menswear
Thanks to the #menswear bible, FYMW, we’ve added a whole new vocab to our daily lives. The photos, the fashion, the poetry. If you’re a die-hard #menswear fan, this is your steez.
1) Cop. As in, “I copped these A.P.C’s online the other day. Petit New Standard - the only way to go.”
2) Brah. You know, “I got it at Opening Ceremony, Brah.” Brother, friend, fashion soulmate.
3) Trill. True + Real. Badass to the core.
4) Instacop. You. Need. Those. Dunk Woven’s. NOW.
5) Crispy. “And you see I’m crispy like some F. Scotty quote.” Very positive descriptor - well dressed, looking good.
6) Sprezzy. Short for sprezzatura, meaning a certain nonchalance and effortlessness.
7) McNasty. Nickname for Mark McNairy, #menswear designer and shoe god for his label Mark McNairy New Amsterdam.
8) Steez. Style with Ease, brah.
9) What Would Junya Do. In reference to Japanese designer Junya Watanabe, the original protege of Comme des Garçons designer Rei Kawakubo. Think about what you’re wearing; don’t disappoint.
10) Fuck that new Tumblr that you think you found. Self explanatory. Get to know FYMW.
For Wantering’s ENDLESS STREAM OF CRISPY MENSWEAR follow our #menswear Tumblr here.
To get in on the best shopping experience of your life, come visit Wantering.